Saturday, February 09, 2008

Money Well Spent

The mouthpiece that I bought last summer to protect my teeth since I grind them at night has been one of the best things I’ve ever purchased. I’ve been getting much fewer headaches over the last few months. Most of the headaches that I used to get started out when I woke up in the morning, and they would progress through the day if not treated. The last couple of headaches that I’ve had have started out later in the day. It makes sense I guess that keeping my teeth from grinding would result in fewer headaches, but I was skeptical because I’ve been getting headaches for much longer than I’ve been grinding my teeth. But maybe a reduction in headaches as I got older was obscured by the tooth grinding issue. Whatever the case, I’ll take it! Best $200 I ever spent.

(I wrote this last Monday, and ironically I got a headache right before bedtime that night. BUT, seeing as how I only got about 5 hours of sleep the night before I’m 99% sure that that’s what did it.)

3 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I have GOT to get one of those... but I'm thinking I have to get my teeth replaced before they'll make one for me!!

2/09/2008 8:30 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh Wow! Timing of this is good. I go in on Monday for my bite impression to have a bite plate made. I don't grind my teeth, but apparently my bite is SO far out of whack... I get tons of headaches, and have jaw pain. I hope mine helps too!!

2/09/2008 10:42 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

That is really cool. I have asked my dentist if that could be part of the reason why I have headaches...but he said it doesn't look like I grind my teeth. Glad it helps you!!! Anything to take some of the pain away!!!

2/11/2008 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home