Saturday, January 26, 2008

Less Weight Is Great

This week I officially reached my weight-loss goal. It was about 3 weeks later than I originally planned since I was aiming for a January 1st target date, but all things considered I don't think a 3 week delay is that bad. I can tell that my pants are fitting much better these days. My underwear fits better too. I bought some new undies last summer, but I really hated the new stuff because it fit much tighter than my older underwear. I always dreaded wearing it because it wasn't comfortable, but now I prefer the newer ones because the old ones are too big!

Lately when I've been getting out of bed in the morning sometimes I will rub my hand over my stomach and I can tell that it's smaller. I don't have as much of a "gut" hanging out. It feels good. I'm guessing I've lost about 15 pounds since I started trying to lose weight about 3 months ago. I know for a fact that I've lost 10 pounds since I bought my scale in the second week of November. I'm a little bit surprised that I still seem to have some "love handles" sticking out on my sides. I may try to drop another 5 pounds or so, which would bring me to about what I weighed when I graduated from high school. I'm not any taller than I was then, so I don't think another 5 pounds is unreasonable. I would still be well within the normal range of B.M.I. for someone my height. We've all gotta have goals, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on reaching your goal! I have the same issue with a few new pants...I wear them when I know I've lost weight, because if I wear them after a rich week, they WILL be tight. Nothing worse than painted on pants. Im too old for that nonsense!

1/27/2008 9:55 AM  
Blogger paintergirlFLA said...

woo hoo! It didn't take that long really, even with the holiday treats.we do all need goals, or where would we be?

1/27/2008 6:32 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

great, keep on achieving your goal :)

1/28/2008 3:45 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Only three months?! Thats great!!! The love handles are the hardest for guys to get rid of, but I'm sure you can do it!!!

1/28/2008 8:41 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

good for you! i'm on a mission because after the holidays all of my pants became tight, even my socalled bigger pants.

1/28/2008 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home