Sunday, February 03, 2008

From Slug To Bug

OK, I wasn't a total slug today. I worked out, and I got outside to do some yardwork. It was a beautiful day here today - 77 and sunny. That's the first time it's been warm in a while, the last couple of weeks have been kind of cold. Anyway, while I was doing some pruning on the cedar tree that I have in my backyard I discovered that apparently it's some kind of ladybug bungalow or something. There were ladybugs all over it! Here are some snapshots.


I liked how these two were shacked up in this leaf.


Hey, can't a bug get some privacy around here?!

Don't jump man! Don't do it! You got so much to live for!


Snug as a bug in a ... tree.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the "shacked up" comment!

Am I the only one that thinks lady bugs are gross? I prefer not to touch them. yuck. I'd rather pick up a spider.

2/04/2008 6:42 PM  
Blogger jos said...

It's me paintergirl. I have no idea what joey is doing but I don't feel like logging out, then in.

Sweet ladybugs. Who knew a ceder tree would be a party place.

Barbara, you are insane.

2/04/2008 7:26 PM  
Blogger JC said...

b - I don't mind picking them up, but sometimes they pee on you. Kind of like kids I guess.

pg - I was quite surprised.

2/04/2008 7:28 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Aaww, they look cute! As long as they stay in the trees, that is, and out of my house. :-)

I just read through your last week or so of posts, but am not even going to try to comment on each one, as I'm sooooooo far behind on reading my favorite blogs after our trip. I will say though, congrats on the weight loss (yay you!) and I'm glad it sounds like the library job is going well (although, yeah, the two job thing sucks!).

2/05/2008 5:41 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I like the whole "insectazoids" category. nice.

2/06/2008 5:59 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

lol I like the shacked up bugs. Nice.

I don't think our temp has gotten over 50 more than two days in the last month. Our lows are consistently around ZERO!!!

2/07/2008 11:26 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

ladybug love...there is nothing more pure.

2/13/2008 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home