Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A To Z Meme

I have been tagged by the smart, talented, and beautiful Vedrana to share this A to Z meme. This one is a bit different than the other ones that I have done because only the letters are provided. I have listed some words that describe me to match each letter.

A – Art – I love art in all kinds of forms.
B – Blogger – I never thought I would be one, but after doing this for 2 years plus I guess it’s definitely a part of who I am.
C – Curious – I like to think about why things are the way they are.
D – Diet – I am currently very focused on what and how much I eat since I’m trying to drop a few pounds.
E – Exercise – I am also focused on exercise as part of my weight-loss plan.
F – Frugal – My maternal grandfather was a very frugal person, which I think to some extent came from living through the Great Depression. I think I inherited this quality. I think it’s important to have some money saved up for a rainy day, and this has served me very well.
G – Geography – I love maps. I used to look at my dad’s National Geographic atlas for hours at a time. I love Mapquest!
H – Headaches – I have suffered from migraines since I was about 14 years old. Luckily I have been able to control them quite well with medicine for about 13 years now.
I – Introverted – I’m much more inwardly-focused than outward when it comes to dealing with people. Talking to people I don't know can make me nervous.
J – Joking – I like to joke around with people. It can be a good way to defuse some of the tension of interpersonal interactions.
K – Knowledge – I love learning new things.
L – Lazy – I can be really lazy sometimes. Like every Saturday.
M – Movies – I like movies a lot although I don’t watch as many as I used to.
N – News – I like to know what’s going on in the world. I get most of my news from the Internet rather than television though.
O – Outre – What can I say? I’m a weirdo.
P – Photography – One of my favorite hobbies. I could take photos all day if I had the time.
Q – Questioning – This goes along with the curious/learning thing.
R – Reading – I read almost all day. I don’t actually read that many books, I seem to read mostly magazines and things on the Internet.
S – Shy – This comes from being introverted.
T – Travel – I love to travel, but a lack of money keeps me from travelling much right now.
U – Unusual – I have a weird sense of humor, and lots of people think I’m strange. Have I mentioned that yet?
V – Vacation – I love vacations. Who doesn’t?
W – Ween – I love that band!
X – X Man - I can be somewhat mysterious, I don’t reveal a lot about myself to just anyone.
Y – Yada yada – Once I feel comfortable around someone I can talk their ears off.
Z – Zymurgy – I’ve been known to brew my own beer. It’s a cool combination of cooking and science project.

If you want to do this meme, consider yourself tagged!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger weddingproject-us said...

I love this list because you get to pick your own. You make your own beer, coolio. And I had no idea that was the word for it.
My dad was a depression kid, saved everything. Saving money=good, saving rubberbands=bad.

11/08/2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

this one was fun!

11/08/2007 3:09 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

you made it, cool :) i really liked reading it and finding more about you!

11/09/2007 8:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good one! Why do you consider yourself weird?

11/10/2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

This was fun to read! I especially love that you introduced me to a new word - zymurgy. I'd never heard that one before!

11/10/2007 10:53 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks everybody!

B - I've had lots of people tell me I'm weird, and lots more that seemed to think so but wouldn't come out and say it. Not that I always believe everything that people tell me, but I do think I have a certain awkwardness when interacting with people. Probably comes from spending so much time by myself.

11/10/2007 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home