Thursday, October 25, 2007

Get Some Sleep

Work is really kicking my ass lately. Not because work itself is hard. Quite the contrary, it's actually quite boring these days. The commute is getting a bit old, not to mention having to be there at 7:30AM. I have to go to bed so early so I won't be a complete zombie every day, which is really cutting into my Infranet time when you factor in school. Oh well. Gotta pay the bills.

So during one of my exciting work days I ran across a couple of articles in the NY Times that I thought were really interesting. I'm fascinated by sleep. You know, the science of it. I think it's amazing that sleep is something that everyone in the world has to do pretty much every night, but we understand so little about it. Scientists still don't know for sure why people sleep. There are theories floating around, but that's all they are - theories. Same goes for dreaming. Nobody knows why we dream. We humans think we're so damn smart and know all there is to know, but we don't. Sleeping and dreaming are so mysterious, and I really like that.

An Active, Purposeful Machine That Comes Out at Night to Play

In the Dreamscape of Nightmares, Clues to Why We Dream at All

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

Those articles were really interesting! Sleep and dreams have always fascinated me too. I remember in college that I'd do a lot of my studying for tests right before I went to bed because I felt like I'd continue to go over it in my mind as I slept and would know the subject better in the morning than I did when I went to sleep. Going by that first article, maybe I was right!

10/26/2007 12:14 AM  
Blogger weddingproject-us said...

I am so tired, I'll have to come back and read these articles. Ah science of sleep...love that. I would like to see that again.
I would love to know more about dreams.

10/26/2007 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home