Thursday, July 19, 2007

Random S

OK, this post is a bit scattered, but then so am I.

*Last night I was taking a breather in my backyard when I noticed a cardinal that had a bald head. It was completely bald except for one little feather sticking up where the crest would normally be. It kind of freaked me out and my first thought was that maybe it had some type of illness. I did a little research, however, and thankfully it looks like this is just a rare example of how some birds molt (grow new feathers every year). There’s a good article about it here. And it’s a good thing for the propagation of the cardinal species, methinks, that this takes place after the breeding season. Cuz you know, it’s not a good look for Mrs. Cardinal.

* I really couldn’t give two shits about the iPhone. Mostly because I can’t afford one even if I wanted one. But those commercials are pretty damn cool.

* I highly recommend watching "Extras" to any fans of British comedy out there. In fact, I also recommend it to fans of comedy in general. I had watched season 1 when it came out on HBO,but I had to wait for season 2 on DVD and it just came out. I proclaim season 2 to be the British "Curb Your Enthusiasm". If you can watch the David Bowie scene in episode 2 without laughing out loud, I'll pay you a dollar.

* I have Arrested Development on the brain again, thanks to Kit. So here's some Franklin!


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

It ain't easy franklin. it ain't easy.

oh the sweet cardinals. My family is still around the yards.(it sounds like the grounds doesn't it?Only if I lived in a manor)

that i-phone shur is purdy

for the longest time my husband thought i was going to go off and find stephen merchant. I love gervais and merchant and think they are top notch-as oppossed to posh???? She's living in my house, but she is not living my life and why is she on tv?

7/19/2007 9:27 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

cardinal with a bald head? omg, i'm so coupling you with simpsons-mania right now that i thought you'd discovered a new species of cardinal, the Homer Cardinal. aaaaaaackkkkk!

7/20/2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I've never seen Arrested Development and I keep thinking I need to get my hands on the first season DVD set and give it a try.

7/20/2007 10:06 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I can't watch it - I haven't gotten that far.

One time we took all our ducks to the vet. we thought the were dying - they were just mating and losing their feathers.

Those iPhone commercials are cool!

7/21/2007 7:47 PM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

FRANKLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/22/2007 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home