Monday, July 09, 2007

Thank You, Come Again

I'm a Simpsons fan from way back, so when I found out that I could visit a Kwik-E-Mart nearby, I was sold. Several 7-11s around the country have been morphed to look like the Kwik-E-Mart in the show to promote the upcoming Simpsons movie (wait, I just promoted The Simpsons Movie. I feel so used). I was feeling kind of weird about bringing my camera to take pictures. I thought there might be one or two other nerds taking pictures, but um, not so much. It was a scene. People everywhere taking pictures. Guy in the first picture even has a tripod. So, I figured I would just blend in with the other nerds. Inside there was even a line for Slurpees/Squishees. I didn't get a Squishee because I wasn't craving sugar. They were supposed to have Krusty-O's cereal for purchase, but I didn't see any. And I think the Buzz cola was just a different cup for the self-serve drinks. So I passed.

Judging from the crowd, the Simpsons is quite a multi-cultural phenomenon. Who knew?




I love that there's no reference whatsoever to 7-11. Oh, and a BMW station wagon and a Lexus in front of a 7-11? It doesn't get more Dallas than that. Vomit.


Even the gas pumps have been totally Kwik-E-ized.





Even grandmas came out for this thing. I wonder if she was mad that there was no Abraham Simpson cutout?


Worst nachos ever.


This was my favorite part. All of the workers were wearing shirts like Apu's, and they had "Apu" nametags.





The official "movie donut"


You know these people have to be hating life right now.




UPDATE: Here is what I would look like as a Simpsons character! Scary!





Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

You went you went you went!!!

The closest one to us is in the city, J will have to go see this.

Those doughnuts look good. Mmmm...

awww...the simpson people went all out. comic book guy is reading radioactive man. I heart radioactive men.

7/09/2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

that stupid blogger. i guess i missed all this simpsons business somehow. but am sure glad you got a chance to indulge your cartoon-lovin side.

7/09/2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I can't believe you didn't make your own Simpson's Avatar to go with this post!!

I want to see a Kwik-E-Mart transformation in person, but I don't think any are nearby. Pppfftt!

7/09/2007 11:39 PM  
Blogger 3HappyHippies said...

OMG for some reason this totally cracked me up, those poor poor employees! (I wonder if they knew what they were getting into) I am not on top of the latest US fads but this doesnt really surprise me. Living overseas does have its downfalls, we miss all the good stuff.

7/10/2007 3:58 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I totally forgot about the Simpsons avatar! I'll have to do that tonight and update the post.

7/10/2007 8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to find one around here. I luv the Simpsons and by the way you have really cheap gas

7/10/2007 10:26 AM  
Blogger JC said...

SD has about the most expensive gas I have ever seen.

7/10/2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

really cool!!! i love the simpsons :)

7/11/2007 6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so cool!!!!!

7/11/2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

wow. WEIRD!

7/11/2007 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home