Monday, July 16, 2007

So Many Critters, So Little Time

Saturday was like a National Geographic special around here. No, it wasn't because of all the topless tribeswomen. I saw an amazing variety of wildlife yesterday. Of course, I had to take pictures.


I'm in ur yard, eatin' ur gras. Again!

Hey, anybody home?





I'm on ur dor, pickin' ur lok.






Damn, my chin itches!





C'mon, it's freakin' hot out here!





Sasquatch tracks?











I went looking for my bird buddy, and I found him! I like how the bird is a tiny splash of color amongst all the green in this photo.





Closeup from the previous photo.






Moth dance





Hi, Mr. Hawk, what's goin' on?





Nothin'. Just chillin'. You know where I can find some chicks around here?






Whoa, what the?






Lookout Mr. Hawk!





Ain't skeered.






This is a stick mantis. It's actually the same species that was on the door earlier.





Their faces look like aliens.





It totally looks like a blade of grass, no? OK, I can't resist the cheezburger version - I'm on ur gras huntin' 4 bugs.





'Sup?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

it's like an animal cavalcade.

I know some people get freaked out, but I love those Mantis. Those crazy alien heads...we have a little group of them in our backyard and we're always trying to pick them up.

7/16/2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I love teh mantis, they're just so cool looking. Lots of people keep them as pets. An interesting fact about this particular species, Brunneria borealis, is that there are only females. They reproduce by parthenogenesis, which means that the eggs don't require fertilization.

7/16/2007 9:09 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

That's so cool you had a hawk.

K - that is the freakiest mantis/stick bug I've ever seen.. I don't think I've ever had a gander at one so damned long!! WOWWWW.

bun buns. We have to say a prayer every night before dinner for our MIA baby bun bun.

7/16/2007 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

som very cool pics! my kids loved the mantis. We saw a bald eagle and its nest today... Love me some wild life!

7/18/2007 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home