Thursday, July 12, 2007

Zzz

Sleep deprivation is making me feel not so great today. In fact, I think I may take some sick leave and go home early. I'm moving and thinking about as slow as a turtle today. I feels dumb.

I'm all behind and stuff on teh blog. I need an SPC photo, a Simpsons avatar, a Police concert review, yada yada yada. Someday I'll catch up.

About the only thing I can coherently (yeah, right) blog about right now is food. Last weekend I hit my local farmers' market. I stocked up on peaches, okra, and tomatoes. I'm about to finish up the last of the peaches. So good. I fried about half of the okra the other night. It was good, but I want to try something different for the rest of it. Okra and tomatoes sounds kind of good. I love okra, but man that stuff is slimey if you cook it any way other than frying it. Oh well, sometimes you have to take the bad with the good.



That's it - I'm outta here!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

AND TAKE FRIDAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/12/2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Um, yeah, okra is just plain nasty any other way but fried. But the peaches sure sound good!

PS...just sent you a photo I hope you'll like.

PPS..Hope you feel more rested soon!

7/13/2007 12:00 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

I'm way behind too. Hey and did you go see the Police twice? Okra. I can't think of any other way but fried.

7/13/2007 8:37 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

love this fleeting bunny shot! okra can be good in gumbo. and a few days ago i ate a pickled okra and it tasted just like a pickle. not scary at all.

7/13/2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I so heart that picture.

Don't freak out about being behind in blogging. You have enough on your plate without adding to it yourself. Take a break - have a "Mommy mental health day" - nap. Make sure a ceiling fan or other moving air is involved. mmmm.

7/13/2007 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home