Sunday, March 04, 2007

No Mas

No more Coke! The headache that I got yesterday afternoon turned into a real doozy. I finally took my migraine medicine around 8:15 last night, but by the time I went to bed around 11:30 I still had a headache. Usually the headache is completely gone in 2 hours at the most. I was hoping to sleep it off, but I woke up around 3AM with my head really hurting. I took another pill and by the time I woke up the headache was gone. Sheesh. I almost never have to take two of those pills, I think that's only happened once or twice before. I saw some of that Coke at the grocery today and just thought: "No mas!" I'll just have to admire my empty bottles. I saw a couple of interesting articles here and here about Mexican Coke. Apparently the Coca Cola company isn't too thrilled that people are importing this stuff.

I was thinking about how I said I was a food snob in my previous post. After I thought about it, I have to say I'm really more a beverage snob, not so much a food snob. I'm kind of particular when it comes to coffee, beer, and wine. I'll drink Folgers at work when I need a caffeine fix, but I would really much rather be drinking some Kenya AA or Tanzanian peaberry made with a French press. Once you develop a taste for the good stuff you know when you're not getting it. I don't think anyone who has eaten at Taco Bell in the last week can consider themselves a food snob! Gah, I sound like an insufferable jackass!

I received my camera brush in the mail Thursday. I have used it once and it looks like it may do a pretty good job of cleaning the dust from the sensor. I'll post more about it later.

If you saw any of these people today, then I hope you knew it was their birthday!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Wait - so mexican coke gives you a headache? Or you think you're just suffering from caffiene withdrawal??

I had never thought of that - but you are SO on the nose. I'm the biggest beverage snob on all counts... alcohol, coffee - even water (I spit at our fridge - SPAW). But I'll eat the nastiest fast food on the planet. Can you say MONSTER TACO from Jack in the Box?? HELLO??

I hope your head is better!!
xo

3/04/2007 9:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOL'ed when I read what you wrote about El Taco Smell! HAH! Have you ever tried taking Tylenol/Advil/or Excedrin PM when you are hurting??? I LIVE by that stuff....I even take it when I'm not in pain and just want to be knocked out for the night....my dirty leetle secret, SHUSH!!
The catalyst for the PM meds is washing it down with a tall, cold, adult beverage of your choosing.

3/04/2007 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taco Bell? Yuck! So sorry about your headaches. They suck!

3/05/2007 6:43 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Crikey!
"And this is why you never should drink mexican Coke because it has a cool bottle."
(says the one armed man)
I would rather call all of us beverage connoisseurs. French press, bottled water, Italian Klassica Stovetop Espresso maker. I am the one who is always shocked to see people drinking soft drinks at breakfast.

3/05/2007 7:49 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

hmmm, maybe that's why i awoke with a doozy of a headache this morning. ever had a Sprite hangover?

3/05/2007 10:00 AM  
Blogger JC said...

h - Monster Taco from Jack In The Box? You disgust me. :) I think the Coke gives me a headache. I don't know if it's the caffeine or the sugar, but I usually just have my coffee in the morning. If I follow it up with a Mexican Coke in the afternoon - blammo.

b - I take the sleep-aid ingredient from Tylenol PM, diphenhydramine HCL. You can just buy that part and you can get it generic. Regular pain meds do nothing for my headaches. And you may want to be careful about the Tylenol+alcohol, that can be bad for your liver!

n - taco bell is still pretty rare for me. Before last week it had been months. I needed something fast and cheap that wouldn't kill me (right away)!

pg - yes, connoisseur is a much better word!

r - I've never had a Sprite hangover. At least you know it's not the caffeine.

3/05/2007 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home