Sunday, November 12, 2006

YMBAA

Warning: If you want happiness and positivity today, go read Ziggy or something.

Damn I’m in a foul mood today. The straw that broke the camel’s back happened when I pulled into the Super Target parking lot this morning. I was inspired by a car I saw to come up with a variation on Jeff Foxworthy’s You Might Be a Redneck thing. Mine’s called, You Might Be an Asshole. So here’s my first one:

If your car has windshield wipers on the headlights – you might be an asshole.

And look, if any of you have a car like that, don’t take offense. Remember, as far as assholes it takes one to know one, and the fact that I would even think of something like this makes me the biggest asshole of them all. And yes, I’m sure someone else has come up with this idea before. And yes, I know they wouldn’t be “windshield wipers” if they were on your headlights. I don’t care.

So this dating thing isn’t going so great. Big surprise. I mentioned a girl that I had emailed and then didn’t hear from for a week. So I emailed her last Sunday to see if she was doing OK and to see if I could call her, and she finally replied on Monday and gave me her cell phone number. I was drowning in homework the first part of last week, so I sent her a message to ask if Thursday would be a good day to call. No answer. On Thursday I called her anyway. No answer. I still haven’t gotten another email from her. I’ll try to call her one more time, but that’s it. I can take a hint. F%&*!!

There was another girl who I had exchanged several emails with. In her last message she asked if I would be interested in going to a movie sometime (she’s about as big a movie freak as I am). So when I wrote back to say “Sure” on Friday, I hear nothing back. What the hell?

This is going about as well as this type of thing usually does for me. I don’t know how much more of this bullshit I can take. It’s fucking humiliating.

What can I say, I’m a quitter. It reminds me of playing racquetball with one of my college roommates. This guy had it all, he got straight A’s and he was also a good athlete. We would sometimes play racquetball. Usually he would win. Sometimes I could make the games close, but overall he would just kick my ass. After a while it just got so frustrating to be trying as hard as I could and still getting my ass kicked. So I just quit trying. I guess it’s a protection mechanism because if you don’t try you think: “Well, I could do this if I really wanted to.” It sucks when you find out that isn’t true.

Oh, and if you give a guy your phone number and then you never answer the phone – you might be an asshole.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you are in a tough spot right now. From what I can judge about you from your blog and blog comments, you really are an intelligent, hilarious guy. I know its just a matter of time before you find 'the one', or if you don't believe in that kinda stuff, then ' a really good one'. I know you already are very active and travel a lot....but maybe go where single people go? I don't know where that would be other than smoke filled bars, a bookstore maybe?. Oh, and I agree, people with windshield wiper blades on their headlights ARE assholes.

11/12/2006 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you the very BEST!!!!

11/12/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks guys for reading my self-indulgent crap! I don't really have anyone else to vent to.

barb - thanks for backing me up on the headlight wipers!

nikki - sure, send MA over. the more the merrier. you call her miss america because that's where she's from right? :D

11/12/2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

There must be something in the air because I've been more neg than necessary of late.

11/13/2006 7:26 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

How did I miss this? The mere mention of Jeff Foxworthy gets me going. Parking lots are good place to judge mankind. And the headlight wipers are the tip of the iceberg my friend.

The dating scene. I'm with barbara-bookstore. not the mall. Um coffeeshop. art show.

11/13/2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

sorry about all these no call girls. i mean, what's up with that? just rude, that's all. i've never done that. if i don't want to give someone my number i use the "i don't have a phone" line. it works. also, keep your chin up. could be that girl number two had to leave town? you never know....

11/14/2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Hmmmm - well you know I think you're pretty much the bomb, so if someone needs a reference - I'll be glad to give them one. Don't quit - because someone out there deserves a prize and that's what you are. I know first-hand.

We miss you. And I want nothing but the best for you - I'm convinced you will find it. Hugs.

11/16/2006 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home