Monday, November 06, 2006

The Date and Sunrise 11-02-06

Blah. I'm not feeling very bloggity today.

The date on Saturday was OK. We did the typical dinner and movie thing, because her available time was Saturday evening, which ruled out a couple of other ideas that I had. We went to see Running With Scissors, which I actually enjoyed more than I thought I would from the reviews (although I suspect if I read the book I won't think the movie is so hot). It was that movie or Babel, which I want to see, but judging from Inarritu's other movies I thought Babel might be kind of a downer. 21 Grams, anyone? I like his movies, I just didn't think Babel would be all that great for a date. Nor would Borat (but find me the girl who would watch and enjoy Borat on a first or second date, and I'll marry her!). I thought we had decent conversation over dinner, but I'm not so sure this girl is the one for me. I'm not sure that "spark" is there. I'm trying to decide if I want to ask her out again or not. There's actually another person that I have exchanged emails with that I think I have tons in common with, but I haven't heard from her in about a week, which may be a bad sign. We'll see what happens.

By the way, Borat currently has the highest score of any movie on metacritic. High five!

Here's another sunrise photo, this one is from last Thursday:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Hey you should ask one of these ladies to Borat. You never know...
I think this movie will be great.

My husband and I when we went on our first movie date, get this we went to see Single White Female at the dollor theatre. It was so terrible that we couldn't stop laughing. We knew we were meant for each other.

Bloggity. I think you have created a new word and I really like it!

11/06/2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Good call on the choice of movie. I can definitely see something of "21 Grams" persuasion killing a first date. Borat, on the other hand... :)
It's all about the spark, methinks.
Oh, and you live somewhere very pretty. Wonderful pictures of the sunrise/set.

11/06/2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I think Borat would be a GREAT barometer for finding the right woman for you ~ having similar humor is so important, trust me.

11/07/2006 6:27 AM  
Blogger Tish said...

Good luck on the dating situation! If you feel uncomfortable with POI #2, just call it quits and find #3! :)

11/10/2006 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home