Friday, November 10, 2006

Enough With the Fair Pictures Already! Sheesh.

I used to hate Federal holidays, they made me resent the fact that I never got time off for them. They just meant that I didn't get any mail on those days. Now I lurve them!

OK, this is the last of the Fair pictures, I promise! But how can I leave out Big Tex?




Super Happy Fun Swing™™


Super Happy Fun Swing™™ II: Still Swingin'










This is Big Tex. You could make a tent out of those jeans. A really big tent.

"Howdy, folks. Stop staring at my package."


Somebody stop him before he kills us all!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

The swing ride is my favorite. I think Tex could have used some wonder jock underwear.

11/11/2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I don't get the Big Tex. If I were a kid, he would scare me. To be honest, I am a little scared now.

11/12/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Anne - You got it!

M - That's a great idea!

Nikki - Big Tex is kind of like the mascot of the Fair. Anne and I live somewhere near each other.

Anna - I guess Big Tex can be a little scary. When I was a kid I thought he was the coolest thing around. Of course, I also thought Garfield was funny so take that for what it's worth. He actually does talk too, he makes announcements about the Fair and his mouth moves like a puppet. There's an interesting history here.

11/12/2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

the swing ride is alsop my favorite. i hope you got to ride and didn't just stand there and take photos.

11/14/2006 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home