Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Turkey Week Ramblings

* This is for all the doctors out there - Is it normal to feel dizzy when you turn your head to the side? It went away after I ate dinner. Just wonderin'.

* To give you some perspective on my hit whore comment yesterday: I posted my picture around 6 AM. By 8:15AM I already had more hits than I got all day on Monday. Yeah. Some day I hope to not care about this.

* Last night I had a dream that I was staying at this fancy hotel with a bunch of Mormons. Mmmkay. It's probably because I just recently watched Big Love. Or maybe it's a premonition!

* This is really funny.

* Sucks about Robert Altman. As I mentioned in my Oscar post, he made some stinkers but he also made some really great movies. I'm still a bit scared of Prairie Home Companion, but I will have to see it now. If for no other reason than Altman's last DVD commentary. He's one of the few that gives good commentary (John Waters does the best ones!).

* I'm heading for the land of NASCAR, pork barbecue, and lemurs this afternoon. Once again our family is going to my sister's house in North Carolina for Thanksgiving. I definitely hope I don't get sick like I did last year. This is my first time to fly since the liquid restrictions, so hopefully all my toiletry items will not get lost and end up for sale here. Or here. If any of you will be near the greater metropolitan Raleigh area, give your boy a holla.

4 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Have a great "southern" Thanksgiving. Oh I remember my days in Hotlanta. Good luck on the air travel and don't whip your head around checking out the flight attendants.

I was told to read that Onion article our loud. Extremely funny, and don't drink or eat when reading it.

Cheers!

11/22/2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh man, I hadn't heard about Robert Altman until just now. He was/is my favorite director of all time. Damn!

Happy turkey day.

BTW, I believe what you described is called "Orthostatic hypotension". I get it once in a while. Orthostatic hypotension. It usually occurss upon standing too quickly but has happened to me from simply turning my head too fast.

11/22/2006 10:58 PM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

I wonder if that lost luggage website is in possession of my suitcase that was stolen by an Air France bag handler in Paris a couple years ago with every single souvenir I spent days picking out in Marrakesh? Come to think of it, no... I'm sure my Berber carpet is sitting in that dirtbag's living room...

Have fun in NC... gobble gobble!

11/23/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks guys!

M - Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was a big fan too.

ct - I've actually been to that lost luggage place, and they actually do sell toiletries, which strikes me as very bizarre. And gross.

11/25/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home