Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge - Glam 3

Glam. This theme has left me cold. I think it's really interesting that a lot of people hated last month's theme, imperfection, and a lot of people decided not to participate. For me it's the opposite - I'd much rather tell you about my imperfections than try to be "glam".

But what can I say, I'm a hit whore. I miss all those Tuesday hits from all over the place. So I'm throwing this out there.

When I think glam I think of David Bowie, T. Rex, or KISS. Hey, I saw "Velvet Goldmine". The problem is, I don't have any wigs, makeup, or sparkly clothes. And it's kind of hard to look androgynous when you have facial hair. I already did my Gene Simmons thang. I've noticed that lots of people are going the "glam" as "glamorous" route, and that's what I'm feebly attempting here. I'm going for the look of one of those Euro-model jerks you see in magazine ads. It's total Velveeta I know, but if you can't laugh at yourself, what have you got?


Proud graduate of Handsome Boy Modeling School®


See more glam here.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

You look very euro here JC, like some smarmy Russian or Northern Italian guy ~ ciao, ciao!!

11/21/2006 6:42 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Everybody GET handsome now!

Most definitely euro. I could see you in a band. I think you've got it. Let's not forget Roxy in the glam mix. And Velvet Goldmine...how cool is that to have Radiohead singing Roxy, great soundtrack, not so hot movie.

11/21/2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

so NOT velveeta! watch out paparazzi!

11/21/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I love it! I can almost hear you snapping out a demand for your Ferrari right after the photo is taken. :-)

11/21/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Ed Norton, that's it, but better.

I know I will sound crazy when I say this, (but what the hey)I kind of thought you WERE superman. A spirited one at best.

11/21/2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I think the name of your Alma Mater cracked my the hell up just now.

11/21/2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I think the picture is mysterious and brooding. That's pretty glamourous in itself. Definitely not cheesy though.

11/22/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Great Pic!!!! Very Glam :)

11/22/2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Chris Elliot would be so proud of your handsome boy modeling pic.

11/25/2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

Very nice. *LOL* :)

11/26/2006 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home