Saturday, November 05, 2005

Seed Bashing and Belly Toasting

I know that I'm not too timely on this post at this point, but I wanted to weigh in with a few observations about the pumpkin seed toasting. It is true that I am not the biggest fan of extremely buttery and/or greasy foods, but I really did enjoy these pumpkin seeds. In fact, I think they may be the best ones I have ever tasted. The addition of seasoning salt in place of some of the missing regular salt kicked these up a notch, and the olive oil added a nice touch as well. My expressions may be difficult to read at first, but once you get to know me I am extremely easy to read. Almost no flicker of anger, disappointment, or tension travels through me without showing up on my face. I think that's how I got in trouble at work. I could never work undercover - my cover would be blown within seconds! So, the 'Yum' may not have sounded convincing, but it was the truth!

The belly ramming by Faith was extremely cute. I haven't been around small children too much, but Faith's happiness and enthusiasm was amazing to me. To take such delight in the simplest thing was really nice to see. It was a great reminder to me that happiness can be found just about anywhere if you know how to look. Even in the letter "T", I guess.

I also got to hear the Noggin song "I Don't Like Candy Corn". What kind of propaganda is this? Shouldn't the kids be getting positive messages? Bah.

4 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

What's crazy to me about that candy corn song is that my girl knows all the words and she doesn't watch Noggin so much. I asked if she sang it at school, nope. I suppose the words aren't that complicated but it was surprising nevertheless.

11/06/2005 6:23 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

It's not like they aren't anti-candy corn.. he says "feed it to my brother.. feed it to my sister" - so apparently just the singer was anti-candy corn.

btw - the crying for the letter T continues.. it has been located again, under the pile of brick blocks.

I'm glad you liked the pumpkin seeds. Now we must go destroy other people's fall decorations by busting up pumpkins to steal seeds.

A mission!! Ass pants required1!

11/06/2005 10:15 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

wait - it's not like they ARE anti-candy corn.

i can't believe i go back and correct my own grammatical errors in comments.

btw - i can't pretend to like people i don't like.. which is what makes crazyworld a true challenge each and every day. i can't look anyone in the eye. everyone would immediately burst into flames.

11/07/2005 7:04 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I knew what you meant. ;)

Good thing I have asbestos underwear!

11/07/2005 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home