Saturday, November 05, 2005

Blast From The Past

A few weeks ago I had a strange experience at the local pharmacy. I stopped by to get a prescription refill and I saw this woman who looked very familiar. As it turns out, this woman was someone that I had had a crush on when I was in the 7th grade - 21 years ago! The town where I went to junior high is about 25 miles from here, so it's not like seeing someone from Outer Mongolia, but it still doesn't happen every day. We didn't go to the same high school, so it's probably been 18 years since the last time I saw her. I didn't speak to her - I never acted on my crush, I just admired her from afar (big surprise there) - so I doubt that she would even know who I am. I got this really weird feeling of connection between the me of 2005 and the me of 1984. For just a second or two, I was 12 years old again. I think everyone sometimes wonders what the future would be like, and in some way I got to see the future. Not that the fact that this woman is now a housefrau in McKinney, Texas with 2 kids and a giant SUV is exactly earth shattering, but still. She probably just wondered why I was staring at her.

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Is there something wrong with having an SUV and living in McKinney?? Is that your point??

;)

You should have at least said hello! Although I probably would not have either, if they didn't recognize me..

11/06/2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

LOL!!!

shezus.

I probably wouldn't have said anything either. Which is why most people think I'm a bitch.

But I'm never sure if someone remembers me?? I guess when they do - it's as "bitch"

11/07/2005 7:01 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Holli - Yeah, that was totally my point! ;)

Maybe I should have talked to her, but I don't have what they call 'the social skills'.

11/07/2005 9:21 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Holli - I meant the SUV and kids thing, not the bitch thing!

11/07/2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

no.. i knew what you meant. i never think anyone is going to recognize me. and i don't think i look that much like everyone else. i'm much taller than everyone else.

11/07/2005 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home