Monday, September 21, 2009

Attack of the Vine Women

My sister works at the zoo in San Diego. While I was out there visiting her, we happened upon a photo exhibition in Balboa Park that featured a photo of this woman in green makeup with vines and leaves on her head. My sister was telling me that this was some kind of dance performance that they did at the zoo, and that she thought it was really weird.

The next day I was at the zoo, and by chance found myself standing right in front of the area where these dancers were about to do their show. I thought it would be a good chance to see for myself just how "weird" this trip would be. I'm always up for weirdness.

And? It was a little weird, but it didn't creep me out like it did my sister. There were two vine-bedecked dancers with stilts on both their arms and legs. They did these dance moves and poses together before wandering off in separate directions and doing some "blending in" with the surrounding foliage. I thought some of the dance moves were rather nifty. However, there was kind of an odd sensuality about some of the moves and poses that I thought seemed a little out of place in the family-friendly environment of the zoo. And one of the dancers had quite the low-cut outfit.

I think this element of sexuality is what freaked my sister out about these dancers. As a guy, I think that didn't bother me as much, but I do understand where she's coming from.

I mean, it's hot chicks in metallic green paint and low-cut vine outfits - what's not to like?














Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Umā said...

Oh my God! I'm with you — what's not to like? That's fabulous! I agree it's not something you'd expect to see at the zoo, but the costumes and makeup are stunning. You got some excellent photos too.

I'm actually more freaked out by the breasts on that gorilla statue in the second shot LOL.

9/22/2009 8:53 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks!

LOL on the gorilla boobs!

10/07/2009 9:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow I really liking the green vine chicks. Very cool.

10/17/2009 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home