Sunday, March 22, 2009

Konnichiwa

My little Japanese maple that I planted in December has started to leaf out over the last couple of weeks. I love the way the leaves look. This is a Shaina Japanese maple. It will only get to be about 5 feet tall. They grow very slowly, though, so it will take a while to get there. If I can get it to survive through the summer then it looks like it is in a good spot.


And here is a photo of my recovering Fire Dragon maple tree. Several weeks ago I went out to water it and I discovered that a rabbit took a huge bite out of it! Pretty much halved the height of it. All of the previous bud areas were eaten by the rabbit, so I was worried whether the tree would recover. Luckily you can see that it has sprouted some new branches. And you can also see that I have built an enclosure for it. I went to way too much trouble to get that tree to have it eaten. Silly rabbit, maple treez are for kids!



Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

The Japanese maple looks great.I like your fence. I have to do the same with my sunflowers.

3/24/2009 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home