Sunday, December 07, 2008

A Successful Do-Over

Yesterday I made another attempt to go to Fort Worth to buy a couple of maple trees. And this time I actually made it! I purchased a teeny-tiny version of the Fire Dragon maple shown here. If I end up staying in this house long term then I will get to see it grow. I also purchased a Shaina Japanese maple, which is a dwarf variety that only gets about 5 feet tall. It has brilliant red fall foliage. There is a photo here (mine is much smaller). I haven't decided where to put it yet. It does best with morning sun and afternoon shade. I don't have a lot of options as to placement due to this, but I'm considering maybe trying to grow it in a container so I can move it around with the seasons.


It's amazing how just having everything go as planned made me so happy yesterday. I guess the utter disaster of my last attempt to go there made a successful trip seem like a miracle.


Last night's sunset was the perfect end to an almost perfect day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger REENblack said...

I'm so glad you were able to get there with no problems!!! Finally!!! lol

I love the look of the Japanese Maple! The color and the size is prefect!

12/07/2008 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home