Sunday, November 23, 2008

That Last Minute Panic

Tomorrow after work I'm heading to Arizona for Thanksgiving with my parents. That means that I'm currently in my panicky pre-trip cleaning/packing mode. I've mentioned this before, but for some reason I always feel like I have to accomplish lots of things around the house before I go on a trip. I'm not sure why. I guess I do enjoy returning home to a clean house. I made a list of things to do this weekend, but I didn't do so well on accomplishing all of them. Maybe if I hadn't totally ignored the list yesterday that would've helped. I did realize though that there is nothing on the list that can't keep until I get back. So there's that.

I'm going to be gone for a week, which seems like a really long time. I'm sure it will go quickly though. I didn't want to stay quite that long, but coming back even just one day earlier was ridiculously more expensive. I'm really looking forward to some fine dining at In N Out Burger and some shopping at Trader Joe's. Oh yeah, and Thanksgiving dinner! I found out today that my sister won't be there because she got a gig dogsitting for some rich guy who's paying her $1000 a week! If someone was paying me $1000 a week to dogsit, I wouldn't be going to Arizona either!

Now off to pack!

2 Comments:

Blogger REENblack said...

I'm the same way! It just seems so much more relaxing to come home when its all tidy!

You know, a vacation from your vacation is always needed!

Hope you have a good time!

11/23/2008 11:43 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

$1000, your sister must be a GREAT dogsitter!

Have a good time, and buy lot's of goodies at Trader's.

11/25/2008 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home