Monday, December 01, 2008

All That And A Rainbow On Top

I can't believe it's almost time for me to go back home. Vacations always seem to fly by, don't they?

I think I got my mom hooked on Top Chef. I thought that a new episode was coming on at the regular time of 9PM last Wednesday. So I tuned in, and my mom was watching too. At 9 they showed the first episode of the season. Hmm, maybe they'll show the new one next. Nope, episode 2 came on after that. Finally the new one came on at 11. What the hell? We stayed up and watched it and my mom was asking when the next new one would be on.

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. My parents invited a couple that they are friends with to eat with us. Dinner consisted of the usual suspects - turkey, stuffing, cranberry dressing, green bean casserole, and sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. Pumpkin and pecan pies for dessert. Nothing fancy, but it was good.

It actually rained on Wednesday and Thursday. Big deal, right? But let me put this in perspective - they received 0.28 inches of rain on Thursday at the airport. Doesn't sound like much, but that was the fourth wettest Thanksgiving Day on record (going back 110 years or so). I guess there's a reason Arizona is a desert!


We were sitting around after Thanksgiving dinner watching football when I noticed that it was both raining and sunny. When I mentioned this, my mom said that maybe there would be a rainbow. So we went outside, and sho nuff - rainbow. We actually saw another one on Friday, but I didn't have my camera with me.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Vedrana M. said...

nice, i love the rainbow image :)

12/01/2008 4:34 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Those mountains are great. I bet your parents love it there. Nice to hear your thanksgiving went nicely.

12/01/2008 9:42 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Glad you had a good trip! LOVE rainbow pictures!!! Looks great with the background!

12/05/2008 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home