Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Radiohead Rocks It Marching Band Style

Did you all see Radiohead on the Grammys the other night? Being the big Radiohead geek that I am, I watched the Grammys so I could see them perform. Other than hearing that they would be playing, I hadn't read anything about the performance beforehand, so I was really surprised when they played "15 Step" with some of the USC marching band. And actually, it was just Thom and Jonny playing with the USC band, so I guess it was "Radiohead". I wasn't sure what to think when I first saw this. I liked it, but I wasn't sure if I loved it. But the more I listen to it the more I like it. The video I'm embedding of this version kind of stinks, but Youtube has pulled all theirs all due to copyright so this is the only one I could find. The audio is pretty good. Enjoy it while it lasts!



Staying in the musical realm here, it's been a really dry season as far as concerts go, but things are starting to pick up a bit. I haven't been to a show since Cat Power back in October. I was thrilled to learn last week that Flight of the Conchords will be coming to Dallas in May. And I got a 5th row seat right in the center section! I really can't wait for this show. I also will be going to see Bruce Springsteen in Austin in April. I saw him for the first time last April, and he made me a fan with his show. I'm also considering going to see Lykke Li next week. I'm not all that familiar with her stuff, but I like what I've heard so far.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Umā said...

this is pretty cool! i had no idea they even played the grammys.

thanks for your comments on my blog tonight. my mom just got out of the hospital tonight, which seems like a good sign.

2/10/2009 10:00 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

cool...if you're going to see lykke li you must let me know how was it :) she's great...

2/11/2009 8:43 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

That's really excellent! Thanks for posting.

On another note...Would you be able to enable your OpenID comments? Pretty please. Thanks. :)

2/11/2009 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home