Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Bit of Icing

We got a bit of a wintry blast yesterday. It actually started on Sunday night. The weather has been really topsy-turvy here lately. Sunday I was out in the yard with short sleeves on - it got to the upper 70s. I took advantage of the nice weather to plant the Japanese maple that I bought in my sideyard where it will get morning sun and afternoon shade. I'm a little bit worried about it now because it got so cold so quickly. A cold front came in Sunday night and the high temperature on Monday was around freezing.

Monday night it started sleeting, and Tuesday was extremely cold with the temps not getting above 23! I know for some of you that's nothing, but for north Texas that's pretty dadgum cold. There was a nice coating of ice on the roads. My workplace didn't close, however, so I got to experience the fun of driving very slowly to work yesterday. It took me about an hour and a half to go 30 miles, which is about twice as long as it usually takes. It was good that everyone was driving slowly though. Usually there is some idiot flying by who you just know is going to cause a wreck somewhere.

Last night we had freezing fog. Or as I like to call it - 'frog'. The roads weren't bad this morning though.

I didn't get the chance to take any pictures because I was either at work or in transit during the daylight hours. There really wasn't enough ice to be too picturesque anyway, just enough to coat the roads and bridges.

It's slowly warming up now, and Friday it's supposed to get up to 70! I guess it'll be back to short sleeves then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vedrana M. said...

is it warming up? i hope you'll have nice holidays :)

12/21/2008 11:00 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

I think everyone is getting hit by wintery weather! Our hometown got at least three feet of snow and here in NE our high this coming week is going to be 36!!! The last few days hasn't gotten over 10!

But when you're in a place like TX and aren't used to cold weather, it makes it even worse! Hope you have a WARM Christmas!!!

12/21/2008 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home