Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Red-Tailed Hawk

A few weeks ago I saw this hawk while I was on my way to work one morning. Since I had my camera with me I figured why not try to get a photo?



This is a red-tailed hawk. They are the only large hawk species that lives around here. I think they're territorial, so I see this particular hawk quite a bit near my house. They seem to have adapted quite well to urban conditions. There's one that I see often perched on lights above one of the busy highways in the Dallas area near my workplace. I guess there are lots of rats and mice to eat all over the place!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Umā said...

i've been seeing a lot of hawks around here lately too - it's a great time of year to spot them now that the leaves are down. owls too!

i just tagged you for a fun bookworm meme - if you want to participate details are in my blog post tonight!

12/11/2008 6:15 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

beautiful photo, colors are great...birds are so interesting :)

12/13/2008 1:13 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Love the picture! The silhouette of the hawk is amazing!

12/16/2008 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home