Monday, February 02, 2009

Stuck

I've been finding it a bit difficult to blog much lately. I'm not sure why. I guess I've been feeling kind of inwardly-focused of late. Well, more than usual anyway (and that's saying something!).

When I started this blog I felt like I had thoughts that I had to get out into the ether as a way of letting go of them and moving past them. I don't feel like I have a lot of those thoughts anymore. I guess that's a good thing. I guess I could say that I'm feeling pretty content in my life right now. The only downside that I can see in that is that I don't want contentment to turn into stagnation or lack of growth.

I think that a lot of these feelings may come from the fact that career-wise I am currently stuck in limbo. I've been looking for a job in the library science field since I finished my degree last August, but the job market is really, really terrible right now, as I'm sure many of you know. It can be very discouraging to apply to so many jobs and not get any responses. At the same time, considering all the economic news of late I am very thankful that I have a stable job now, even if it isn't one that I would consider stimulating or challenging. I'll keep looking, but I may not have much choice other than to just keep plugging along until things turn around.

So I feel a bit like I am simply putting one foot in front of the other one right now. I think everyone feels like that at some point. It doesn't make for interesting blog posts though!


We caught the tail end of the ice that walloped a good portion of the country last week. It was good for a half day off from work!

4 Comments:

Blogger Vedrana M. said...

beautiful photo!
just be grateful for things you have and new will come :)

2/03/2009 7:20 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

i know exactly how it is.

i have been so busy with the Florida show, it's hard to dedicate myself to writing and posting.

i love the photo-nice & icey!

2/05/2009 1:21 PM  
Blogger luzie said...

i hear ya.. and your second paragraph in particular resonates with me. i've felt similarly about blogging lately.

sorry to hear that the job market is so sucky at the moment.. i hope something comes up for you soon.

2/06/2009 7:30 PM  
Blogger JC said...

V - thanks! and that's good advice, i think being grateful for the good things is very important.

pg - i hope you are doing well, and that your show is going great!

l - thanks luzie! it's good to hear from you.

2/08/2009 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home