Wednesday, October 08, 2008

You're a Donkey. I Like That.

Nothing much all that exciting going on these days. I'm looking for a library job. I've applied to several, but I haven't gotten any positive responses yet. Seems like a really great time to look for a job, no? I'm very thankful that I am currently employed. The idea of moving somewhere else and having to sell my house in this market does not sound appealing right now.

I'm slowly getting up to speed on the new computer. I have moved most of the important stuff from the old one. I'm in the process of learning some of the quirks of Windows Vista. So far I haven't found anything absolutely awful about it, although it seems to be kind of a pain in the butt to find the button to shut down the computer. I'm having to hit CONTROL-ALT-DELETE and then click on the button. Surely there has to be a short cut somewhere. (UPDATE - Found it! Why do they change stupid stuff like that?)

In totally unrelated news, the following skit was on Saturday Night Live last weekend, and I thought it was really funny:

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Poppy has Windows Vista and I think it is really hard to find relatively basic stuff on there! Sounds like you're on your way!

10/09/2008 12:00 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

This skit is one of the best. I feel sorry for these animals. The goat looks scared.

10/09/2008 10:05 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

good luck with the job. it's a bad time to job hunt. one of our librarians retired last week and we won't get to replace him until maybe nexy July. we've had to cut $3 million from our budget by Nov 1, so all hiring is frozen.

10/10/2008 11:49 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

I really hope you are able to find a job soon! Even if its scary...maybe selling and moving would be worth it??? I dunno.

I like windows vista!!! I haven't had any problems. The only annoying thing I've found is how a thing pops up every time you want to install something (even if you set it up--like HP updates). I just used my old computer to help my son do something and was shocked at how quickly I forget the old system! I love the newer microsoft office too!

10/14/2008 10:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I finally bought a home computer and was dismayed to find that they only have Vista machines now, no XP. Plus Windows 2007. It's quite an adjustment. I've spent all evening transfering files etc to the new computer. Glad to hear I am not the only one who couldn't find the shut down button and I work in the software field for god's sake.

10/17/2008 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home