Monday, September 15, 2008

Me No Likey Ikey

OK, so Ike Hayes got the most votes. I think that was my favorite one too - he looks so cool and benevolent.

Unfortunately the real Ike was more like Ike Turner. He smacked a lot of people around.

I feel really bad for all the people who are dealing with the storm and its aftermath. It even left a trail of destruction from Texas all the way up to New York. You can see some of the details here. Mother Nature can do some really fearsome things sometimes. Our own Cory weathered the storm in the Houston area, and came through OK! Where I live the storm passed just to the east, and thankfully we just got some gusty winds and a little under an inch of rain.
We're now getting an early taste of fall. I actually slept with the windows open last night, and it actually got down to about 55! Trust me, that's cool for this time of year around here.

Funny side note - My post with the hurricane Ike images got a few hits from the U.S. House of Representatives. I'm guessing that it was Ike Skelton's people using The Google to see if anything about Mr. Skelton had hit the Interwebs. They probably think I'm a mental patient. Hi Ike!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

yeah, ike hayes is my favorite, too. we considered isaac as a name if the baby is a boy, but then ian decided he didn't like it some months ago. glad that you're ok. we left canton, oh sunday just before a huge wind storm hit there, thanks to ike. amazing how far his reach was.

9/16/2008 9:20 AM  
Blogger rev joe said...

pg here. 55!!! That's it we're moving to Texas. I want 55 at night in September. florida sucks.

9/16/2008 8:58 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Glad there wasn't much damage where you are...the weather is so devastating lately!

I've had some random military/government hits on my blog. Always makes you feel a little uneasy!!!

9/17/2008 12:48 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

i knew i could count on you to make me smile today.

9/18/2008 1:51 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I haven't had any internet for weeks (and I still don't). I have no idea what's going on here.. but it looks completely insane.

I'm glad you weathered the storm and just have swirling men on your blog.

9/19/2008 1:12 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

This post wins the "best title for posts about Hurricane Ike" award...I still haven't blogged about the mess. I guess I should-one day I'll want to read about it. I'm just ready for things to get back to normal here!

9/30/2008 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home