Sunday, October 05, 2008

Welcome To The 21st Century

I bought a new computer! The funny part? I still haven't hooked it up. I bought it on Friday. I'm think I'm more excited about the new monitor that I got with it. I hooked that up about 20 minutes after I got home. It's a 22" inch widescreen LCD. I had been using an ancient 15" CRT. So far I'm loving the monitor, but the graphics card in my old computer can't even take advantage of the full resolution. I was hoping to get the computer hooked up today, but the day just kind of flew by, and now it's time for bed. I just want to make sure that I have all of the programs that I use ready to load onto the new computer.

I've known that I would be needing a new computer for a while. My old computer is 7 years old! I added a new hard drive a couple of years ago, which helped it last a bit longer. But 512MB of RAM (and that was an upgrade!) just doesn't cut it these days. And the music and photos are really starting to add up. And forget multitasking. I'm one of those people that likes to burn a CD, listen to something else, edit a photo, and surf the web all at the same time. Now I may actually be able to do all those things without the computer crashing. Or, er, at least I will be once I get the new one up and running. Will it improve my blog though? Ha! You wish.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vedrana M. said...

great for you, i hope you'll enjoy your new computer!

10/06/2008 6:30 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

There's no way I could wait that long to open a new computer!

10/06/2008 3:44 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I am so happy for you! Yay for technology!! There must be something in the air - Nana and Poppy busted out and got a new TV. I would just like some brown shoes. Anyhoo, I think you'll be thrilled to edit RAW files more effeciently. Bust that sucker out!

10/06/2008 8:09 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

You've made the first step. So proud of you.

10/06/2008 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home