Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Muffin Man Dude

I made some green chile cornbread muffins this past weekend. One of my favorite times of year is when the Hatch green chiles come around. As usual I stocked up, and I used some of the "hot" ones for these muffins. They turned out pretty tasty, but I wish I would've filled up the baking cups a little bit more so they didn't come out quite so small. How do places like Starbucks make those gigantic muffins? Can you buy ginormous muffin pans and baking cups? I guess so. It's just something I've never thought about before.




Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

These sound pretty yummy. I think there are heavy duty industrial pans. They have big ovens though too. (That's what she said.)

9/23/2008 9:40 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

yay for muffins. i never quite fill the muffin tin to the exact height it needs to be it's either way over or way under. yours look great though. if you don't eat them all in a day or so, you can freeze em!

9/23/2008 10:03 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

mmmmm those look good!

9/23/2008 3:34 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

looks good :)

9/24/2008 6:20 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

I'm impressed! Most guys wont bake!!! lol

I'm pretty sure you can get big muffin pans at Bed Bath and Beyond...but then you have to think about altering your cooking time/temp too. What a pain!

9/25/2008 3:30 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I've been wanting to bake - I've just been too lazy. That being said, I'm supposed to make bread with Nana this week. Yay for carbs.

9/25/2008 5:51 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

I've always wanted to say that I knew the muffin man...now I can! Those look yummy...

9/30/2008 12:30 PM  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

baking powder and extra whipping of the batter! (to make them higher) I gotta make these muffins you got here! YUM! We love cornbread bu havent made chile cornbread. Usually just with honey and butter.

9/30/2008 6:23 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

Yum! Those look great. How about the recipe?

10/05/2008 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home