Friday, November 24, 2006

So Far So Good

I feel like I've fallen off the face of the blog earth. But a little break hasn't been bad.

We were planning to have a nice, low-key dinner with just my parents, my sister, and my brother-in-law. I think I know where I got my procrastination though. We were supposed to eat dinner at 4PM (too late if you ask me, but non-cookers can't complain), one thing led to another, and a last minute trip to Kroger to get the missing dinner rolls meant that we didn't get ready to chow down until 5:30! My sister had invited her across-the-street neighbors over for dessert. We were finally ready to eat, plates in hand, we said the blessing, and then the doorbell rang. The neighbors were at the front door.

Of course we couldn't say "Come back later", so we had a last minute addition of 4 people to our dinner. A card table was set up, 3 chairs were carried across the street, and dinner was served. I didn't think I ate a tremendous amount, but something that I ate early on made my stomach feel very full.

Best thing for me so far? The 10 hours of sleep that I got Wednesday night! Pure heaven.

It looks like I may have to wait until I get home to post pictures, the computer here doesn't have the proper software to download photos from a Canon camera.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I hope you had a great thanksgiving!!

11/25/2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! :)

11/26/2006 11:45 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks guys!

Anne - yes, they did eat dinner. My sister should have called them and told them that we were running late, but I think she just forgot.

11/28/2006 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home