Sunday, July 30, 2006

Happy Birthday, What You Ate, Happy Birthday To You

I have now been blogging for one year. Wow. I wasn’t sure if this thing was going to last this long but I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. It’s been a hell of year too – I got fired, three (more) women told me to get lost (four if you go back 13 months), found a new job, lost about 20 pounds, took the GRE, started school, had my heart broken, went on anti-depressants, went to some great concerts, hurt my knee and had to stop running, went to 3 out 4 “A” states, finally got a digital camera, finally got DSL, and learned a hell of a lot about myself in the process. And if a lot of that seems negative, I’m hoping for the “whatever doesn’t kill me only makes me stronger” effect. It reminds me of the Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times.

I’ve also made some great blog friends, and lost a few too. One of my reasons for starting this blog in the first place was that I wanted to see if I could feel like part of a community, and that has come to pass. It makes my day when I see a comment or visit from you guys, and I like keeping up with what you all are doing too. It does feel kind of like a family to me. I’ve even grown fond of some of the regular lurkers. I have been inspired (and humbled) by many of your posts and artistic endeavors. Thanks everyone for making this such a great experience.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Happy blog birthday.

I remember the Mabel days and you have come a long way since then. School is a big move and you are a brave and interesting person for embarking on a new life. Thanks for lettings us share your experiences over the last year.

7/30/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

JC, Happy Blogiversary! :) I hope the upcoming year will bring lots of nice surprises!

I know exactly where you're coming from when you talk about feeling like part of the blog community. It's a great feeling, and it really is like family! I'm happy to have found your blog. It's one of the very few that I check on a daily basis. Speaking of that, I need to move you into my Daily Reads category instead of the normal blogroll.

Btw, thanks for the link to my site! Just spotted it. And I love how you've got your Netflix movies listed. I might do that same thing in my sidebar. I have Netflix too! :)

Have a great night, friend! :)

7/30/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

Happy Birthday Blogster!!! I admit I do lurk sometimes, but I comment too. I wish I could say I've made it a year. I started a blog a little over a year. I just don't keep up with it. I admire you perseverence.

8/02/2006 8:00 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I don't know where I"ve been the past few days....um, without child care!! Happy bloggiversary!

8/02/2006 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home