Thursday, July 27, 2006

Nobody Cares What I Ate For Lunch

But I'm going to tell you anyway. I loves me some rye bread. And I loves me some dark rye bread. So when I saw the loaf of marble rye, I had to get it. And of course I thought of this Seinfeld episode. Not sure what's up with the gaping hole in the bread, I'm not sure if that's inherent to the marbling process or what. It's damn tasty bread, though.



There's a nearby deli run by a New Yorker that I go to occasionally, and he has black & white cookies. Which of course make me think of this Seinfeld episode. And I almost always get one, even though in the show the cookie made Jerry quite ill. Now I've just got to find a chocolate babka.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

it's too early in the morning for seinfeld stories. but i'll take your bread and cookies!

7/27/2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yum I love dark rye and I love me some Seinfeld. I hope the black and white cookie didn't make you throw up for the first time since the 1980's.

7/27/2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Chocolate babbka is as close to heaven as it gets. I love me a good marble rye and I always think of that Seinfeld episode while eating it.
The black n' white cookie is a favorite although yours looks like it's got frosting whipped on top? The ones here have a hard crunchy black n' white surface. The next time I go in, I'll buy a real one and take a photo just for you!

7/28/2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Kiki,

The cookies at this place look like what you described. The picture I posted isn't of the actual cookies I have had there. I found it on the internet, and I thought it looked kind of weird too. I need to find a better picture!

7/29/2006 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home