Sunday, July 16, 2006

Diversions

Ugh, I've been pretty much knee-deep in working on my paper that's due tomorrow. I think the peer who reviewed my paper must be an English teacher - he found all kinds of grammatical problems and he even found an incorrect statement that the prof didn't even find when he graded the first draft! It's good though because it's helping me write a better paper. I have had a few diversions this weekend to get me through.

Friday I saw the movie A Scanner Darkly, and I thought it was pretty good. The visual style was mesmerizing to me, and Robert Downey Jr. was excellent.

Yesterday during a study break I found an interesting article in the online version of New York magazine about happiness. It's a pretty long article but worth a read. You can copy the 'Print This' version and read it at your leisure if you don't have the time to read it in one sitting. I thought the article was quite thought-provoking.

I'm really digging the Thom Yorke CD.

Now it's back to work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I read the article on happiness and thought it was very thought provoking as well.

Good luck with the paper although I don't think you need it. It sounds like it's going to be a winner.

7/16/2006 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post & good luck on your paper!

7/17/2006 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home