Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Smackdown

Sometimes we all need a dose of humility. I was feeling pretty good about my school project, based on the grade that I got on the first part of it, and also due to the fact that the paper I had to review from one of the other students for draft 2 a couple of weeks ago was incomplete and not very good. In fact, I thought my paper was pretty bad ass. I got a bit of a smackdown this week when I received a paper to review from another student for the third draft of the project. This guy’s paper was really good, and he is also, like me, doing his project on movies instead of books, which made mine look even worse in comparison. I guess I felt like I could coast a bit until the final version of draft 3 is due next Monday, but now it looks like I have some work to do this weekend. I guess the peer-review process works.

On another note, I am super edgy right now (more than usual), but the situation will be resolved by noon on Friday. More later…

2 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

humble pie is sometimes the best to eat, especially when you're gifted with insight rather than hind-sight.

7/14/2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

It's nice to get those things out of the way early. Now you can just kickass. :-)

7/16/2006 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home