Friday, June 30, 2006

I'm Going To Need About 3 More Slices of Cake Please

The wedding was pretty blah. Not that us guys really enjoy weddings much in the first place. Sometimes the reception can pull the whole affair out of the ditch, but not this time. The wedding was at 7:30, and originally my plan was to go eat dinner somewhere before heading over to the church. I started thinking that I shouldn’t eat dinner. I thought it would be ungrateful of me to eat dinner and then not eat anything at the reception because I was full. Big mistake. I guess they were trying to save on catering costs because the only food there was the cake and some nuts by the punch bowl. By 9:30 I was hungry enough to chew the crotch out of a rag doll. I had to make an emergency stop at Taco Bell on the way home. And there was no Humpty Dance. There was no dance period because there was no music. But there was a guy in a Hawaiian shirt who looked like Danny Bonaduce.

2 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Yes, that's where that quote is from! You're the first person who's recognized it that I've come across.

7/01/2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I love taco bell and it does help when in trouble. Who has a wedding during the week with NO food? Why have the wedding at all if your scrimping that much? You're a better friend than I.

7/02/2006 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home