Thursday, June 29, 2006

Good Thing It's Rerun Season

Tonight I am going to the uber-rare Thursday night wedding. I think it's a very bizarre choice to hold your wedding on a weeknight. Maybe they're trying to keep the catering costs low? You'd think that since they are being so weird on the day that they would have been less cliche on the month. What's so great about June anyway? When I marry my Filipina mail-order bride it's going to be in January dammit! Unfortunately I don't think there's going to be any alcohol since the reception is at the church. I guess I'll have to count on a natural high to snap me out of the work-induced stupor I'll be in. It's going to be another long day since I won't be going home before the event. Gawd I hope they don't play The Chicken Dance - I've been to too many weddings where that happened already. I can't wait to shake my rump to The Humpty Dance though.

Something on the gift list gave me a bit of an odd feeling. One of the items on there was a video game. My first thought was "How does this help a newly-married couple get their new living space in order?" Isn't that the point of wedding gifts? I think this one was pretty close to crossing the "getting married means getting lots of free shit" line. I've known the bride for 20 years and I don't think she's played a video game in her life, so I'm thinking this one is for the groom. On the other hand, I started thinking that if a video game is going to make them happy, who am I to deny them their bliss? Maybe it's to keep hubby out of her hair and out of trouble. Or it could be for the honeymoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home