Friday, July 14, 2006

I Doubt There'll Be A Puppet Show

OK, now I can talk about what was causing me to be so edgy the last few days.

I'm going to see Tom Waits in concert!!! The reason I didn't want to talk about it before wasn't because I was afraid of jinxing it (I don't believe in such things), but I wasn't sure if I could get tickets. I didn't want to be too disappointed if I didn't, so I was trying to curb my enthusiasm. I'm super excited because Tom Waits is probably my holy grail of concerts right now. He hardly ever tours, and I wasn't sure if I would ever get a chance to see him. Of course if you do believe in jinxes I've probably just doomed myself to getting run over by a bus next week. I'll cross that bridge if I get there.

Anne, I wish you could go!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

really? !

i got a txt message via cellphone around noon today that tickets for his ryman theater performance were on sale. i need to buy two.

wonder if they're still available? don't know if hubby will like. made him listen to a few selections the other night to get the okay, as in, maybe he'll come with

7/14/2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I think it sold out pretty quickly, like in about 15 or 20 minutes. I'm going to the Memphis show.

Tom can take awhile to grow on you.

7/14/2006 10:46 PM  
Blogger bigshoulders said...

congratulations! i'll be seeing him as well... this will be my first time seeing him, and i am so stoked i can't wait for August to get here!

7/15/2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I'm not a big fan either although I do appreciate him and I love seeing him in movies.

7/15/2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Wow am I unhip.

Tom who? :-)

7/16/2006 1:23 AM  
Blogger Tish said...

Hey, if you get run over by a bus, can I have your tickets? I'm already in Tennessee. ;)

Just kidding! I hope you have a blast! :)

7/16/2006 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home