Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bird Time

In addition to pear blossoms, I also got to see a couple of cool birds last week. The first was a pair of bluebirds. Unfortunately in the photo you can't really see the blue color since I was pretty much looking at him from the front.




A split second after this photo, the bird took off in a big hurry. I wasn't sure why until I saw a hawk come swooping low overhead. Don't worry, he got away in time.
Then last Friday morning I heard an owl behind my house. I hear them from time to time, but the only other time I tried to get a photo of one it flew away as soon as I opened my back door. This time I was able to get a photo. Made me late to work, but it was worth it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Umā said...

Sweet owl photo! Look at those ear tufts, WOW!

3/24/2010 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home