Monday, March 01, 2010

Hoyt Arboretum

One of the things that I wanted to see when I was in Portland was big trees. Big evergreen trees to be exact. We have some big trees in Texas, mostly oak and pecan trees, but not many evergreen trees (at least in this part of the state). And what better place to see trees than at an arboretum, right? So I spent a little time at the Hoyt Arboretum, where I got to see some really big trees (including no less than Giant Sequoias) as well as some other botanical delights.







































Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I love the Madrona with it's bark peeling back. The moss is great too. I used to take that MAX train to work every day when I lived on that side of town and worked downtown. I miss it. I miss Forest Park too. It has been too rainy to run there but soon I'll be bidding those trees hello for you every week. I can't wait. Great photos!

3/02/2010 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home