Tuesday, August 07, 2007

SPC - Patterns 1

The theme of this month's Self Portrait Challenge is "Patterns". This is a photo of me behind my Japanese rice paper screen. To me what this feels like is someone who is caught in the routine pattern of everyday life, but wants to break free. Someone who wants to experience new things and not always be willing to be stuck in the status quo. To break free of these patterns, at least some of the time, is something that I hope I will always be mindful of.



To see what other people are doing with this theme, click here.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

You seem to be a fan of the nakedness in photos, no?

On a more serious note, I think you captured feeling trapped perfectly. I completely see it. Being an adult can be so good but so bad all at the same time. Life has a way of sucking you in, doesn't it... It's a beautiful picture.

8/07/2007 10:18 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I really like the photo, and I like the meaning you see in it too. I think it really captures that trapped in routine sort of feeling.

8/07/2007 11:11 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

i like this a lot JC, especially your words.

8/08/2007 8:03 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Very cool! I feel like I want to say something more than that, but your words pretty much say it all.

8/08/2007 8:38 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

cool portrait and it goes great with your words, feelings..love your Japanese rice paper screen :)

8/09/2007 4:39 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Stockwell said...

That's awesome, JC! I really like this one.

8/09/2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is so cool!!!

8/09/2007 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home