Friday, July 27, 2007

8 Random Facts

Kit tagged me to do this meme a few weeks ago. For some reason I’m really bad about doing things that I get tagged for, but I try to do them eventually!



8 Random Facts About Me

1. By the time I was 5 years old, I had lived in 3 states. But in the last 30 years I have only lived in one state.

2. Even though I have lived in Texas for 30 years now, I can’t stand country music. However, if forced to listen to Willie Nelson or Lyle Lovett I can resist the urge to slit my wrists.

3. I’ve never had a broken bone.

4. I’ve never had surgery.

5. I absolutely hate getting up early. For me “early” is any time before 9AM. This hasn’t changed after 12 years of having jobs where I have had to get up early. I think it’s just a part of my makeup, like my eye color.

6. I mow my own lawn.

7. The summer before my senior year in high school I went to live with my uncle in Florida and worked at Disney World. I wanted an adventure, and I got one. The job was by no means glamorous – I was a custodian who spent most of my time sweeping up trash, and they were dead serious about keeping that place clean. But the people-watching was top-notch. Men who worked there weren’t allowed to have facial hair, which wasn’t a huge problem for me back then but I did have to shave the peach fuzz on a regular basis. I always thought it was funny though because Walt Disney himself had a mustache. I think they may have since revised their policy to allow mustaches, but back then they didn’t. I also had to keep my hair somewhat short. I learned some important things that summer like how to cook for myself and do my own laundry. I am grateful to my parents for letting me do that.

8. I’m going on a short trip next week. For now I’ll specify it as an undisclosed location. It can be a surprise for all 3 of you. Except one of you already knows where I’m going (shh, don’t tell). Then I’ll beat everyone down with pictures after I get back. I’m sure you can’t wait.

I’m supposed to tag 8 people, but 8 people don’t even read my blog and a couple of the people who do have already done this. So I won’t tag anyone. If you want to do this one, though, knock yourself out!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Do you realize everyone we know in blog world is at blogher except us. Ok I am really behind on this meme because I was tagged way before you. Now I have to do this.

No country rock? I just started getting into Flying Burrito Brothers and The Band a few years ago.

7/27/2007 3:19 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Hey and when were you in Florida-that's so funny.

7/27/2007 3:25 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I'm not really into The Band. And I can't even remember what the Flying Burrito Brothers sound like. Not to impugn your musical tastes in any way, of course.

Florida was the summer of 1989.

7/27/2007 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home