Tuesday, July 24, 2007

SPC - Fire 4

Fire definitely has a duality to it. It can be controlled, but only up to a point. Sometimes it does what it wants to. It can give warmth, but it can also burn you. It can light the way, but it also casts shadows.

People have dual natures too. And just like fire they can be ever-changing and hard to pin down. Sound like anyone I know? Maybe.



I kind of wanted to capture that "around the campfire" feeling. Gathering around the warmth while the shadows lurk about around you.

To see other peoples' take on the theme, click here.




Here are some "outtakes".






Guah, could I be "mopey emo-album cover guy" any more than this? I don't think so!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

Very creative! I actually like the last one most, for the most fiery colors!

7/25/2007 6:47 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Hey I really dig these! It looks like you've started a fire in your living room. Ha ha Emo-very funny. Why aren't you making s'mores?

7/25/2007 8:33 AM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Reminds me of a horror movie. Very cool :o)

7/25/2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fireside chats with JC. I agree with paintergirl smores were most definately needed

7/25/2007 7:08 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I think you did a great job achieving the campfire feeling! What was your light source? (It looks like it was something more than a candle.)

The "mopey album cover guy" comment cracked me up. (Or should that be cwacked me out?)

7/25/2007 11:53 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Oooh I think I like the second one best. You look almost sinister in it, slightly threatening. I am also curious - how did you get the warm light/fire effect? What was your light source?

7/26/2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Stockwell said...

I like the one that you chose best. Great shadow. Always cool to see outtakes, though.

7/26/2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks everybody!

The light source was actually the same candle that I used last week. It's about the size of a mason jar. I didn't realize it until I thought about it the next day, but I forgot to turn off my computer monitor, so it was contributing a little bit of light too. I probably would have turned off the computer if I had remembered to. The candle probably seems like a larger light source because it was a 4 second exposure.

7/26/2007 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home