Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Like Putty In My...Mouth

Today I got the filling for the giant hole that I had in my tooth. Aside from the cost this may be the easiest filling I have ever had because they didn't have to drill at all. I think most of the chunk that came out of the tooth was an old filling, so basically they just filled in the hole. I hope this is the last one for a while.

I also received my kit in the mail for making my own dental impressions so I can get a custom mouthguard made. It seems kind of unstable to make your own dental impressions, but to save $400 I was willing to give it a try. I think they turned out OK, it looks like maybe on the lower one I didn't press down enough on one side. Hopefully it's good enough! And hopefully once I get the mouthguard there won't be any dental problems for a long time!




Hey wait, this isn't that video I ordered!



There's the impression of my chompers. I can't wait to get the mold of my teeth in a week or so! At least that's what I think now, I may end up being grossed out. It should at least make a good table centerpiece.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

hmmm. I am interested to see how that turns out. My dentist is a sports enthusiast and suggested I just get a mouth guard that hockey players use. Boil it and put it in my mouth and get it soft and form to my mouth (and clip off the tab to get it in and out of my mouth. I have yet to do that. As I continue grinding down my teeth.

8/02/2007 6:47 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

i have a dentist appointment in an hour - always a fearful event for me, the queen of bad teeth.

i'm not good at molding things to my teeth - you should see how my derby mouthguard turned out, feh.

8/02/2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Just seeing those impressions brings back all those days working in the lab-rushing back to me. This has been a week of memories for me.

I think you'll do better having a guard. You need to calm that fire inside you. maybe you should swim. I'm just trying to figure out why you grit your teeth in your sleep.

8/02/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

That is so cool! I broke my night guard and it cost booko $$$$ and the make your own looks like fun! Such luck on the no-drill appointment!

8/02/2007 12:14 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

strangely interesting photographs! Are you going to that dentist I loved that had the massage chair and the plasma screen they put in your face while they pumped you up on happy gas? I miss that.

Must. get. tooth. teeth. fixed.

8/02/2007 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home