Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Room To Roam

Today at lunch I suddenly developed a pain in my ear when I swallow. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking this is probably not a good thing. I'm going to the doctor first thing in the morning.

Here are some photos I mostly took on Monday during my second bird stalking trip. Sometimes there are things that I don't like about living in Texas, but one thing about this place I have really grown to love is the wide open spaces and open sky. I think I would feel hemmed in by anything else.









A bird of another kind.














This little guy perched above my head as I was taking SPC shots in my backyard. I think he wanted to poop on me.


Had to switch over to color.


I like mockingbirds, even though they're not exactly cute and cuddly. They're kind of mean, and extremely territorial. They don't take shit from anyone, and I respect that.



Today's birthdays:

6 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Oh give me land lots of land, with the stormy skies above...that's what I started singing after this post. Mcthorny's, I love them. That would make a good whiskey name. I'm chock full of craziness today. The birds-this is where we differ. Being born and raised in FLA that is our state bird, and they are EVIL. I hate the little buggers. If you walk 1 mile near their nest they come swooping down at you. I have had friends that have been attacked. Kiki has squirrels I have Mockingbirds.

2/21/2007 3:44 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Sorry about your ear. Ear-aches are the absolute worst. Hope it's nothing serious. You have a lot of sky out in TX, don't you... that is really something I forget about, living in a city. There are no stars. You do live somewhere very pretty. You have great material for your photographs right in the back yard!

2/21/2007 6:11 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Ruh Roh - hope you don't have the crud down there?

Wait, is that H me?

Because I loves me some High School Musical!!!!

I love all your bird pics. And I've actually been reading everything, I just hate that this new blogger won't let me comment from bed. Bastard new blogger.

2/21/2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

uh oh. sorry about your ear. get it fixed soon. you know that's so close to your brain. love the thorn and sky photos! lovely.

2/22/2007 1:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great photos! I'm glad you went to the doctor right away for the ear pain.

2/22/2007 11:26 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

great photos, sky is beautiful

2/24/2007 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home