Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Watching The Birdies

My brother-in-law is a big bird watcher, as are my mother and I, so none of us objected when he suggested a trip to a nature reserve during the Thanksgiving holiday.

There was a tree full of cedar waxwings.





A hummingbird. A black-chinned, I believe. I still can't get used to hummingbirds in fall and winter. We only have them in the summer here.





This was the only shot I got of a hawk that flew right over my head.


I watched this pelican for a while. He would dive into the water after fish and then take back off and do it over again. And again and again.


























Black phoebe

I actually took this shot in my sister's back yard. It's another black-chinned, I think. There are several hummingbird species that are hard to tell apart! Oh, and notice it's raining. It was the first rain in over 5 months!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Cool, I had never heard of a cedar waxwing before. It doesn't even look real.

12/26/2009 10:50 PM  
Blogger Juddie said...

Wonderful photos!

12/30/2009 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home