Monday, December 07, 2009

Blog Worlds Will Collide!

I'm starting to get pretty excited about a trip that I have coming up next month. I'm going to Portland, Oregon (is it Or-uh-gun or Or-uh-gone?) to visit one of my first online friends, Michelle. Michelle found my blog by chance one day not long after I started blogging. I've enjoyed reading Michelle's blog over the years, which often features her wonderful poetry. I've only been to Portland one other time, almost 12 years ago, and I spent less than a day there so I'm looking forward to seeing more this time.

Last night we spoke via the wonder of Skype. I don't know why it's taken me so long to get hip to the Skype scene. It was fun to actually see the person I was talking to! I felt like Heywood Floyd in 2001 when he used the videophone to wish his daughter a happy birthday. Technology!


I haven't had much time to get any posts together about my Thanksgiving trip to San Diego, but I hope to get some of my photos up soon.


The moon looked really weird last Thursday night. There was a thin layer of clouds which was causing a band of light to appear above and below the moon. It looked more impressive in real life - it was hard to capture but you can kind of see the effect.

I like this one because you can tell it's the moon. Makes the light bands look less impressive though.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Skype is great and talking to you was a lot of fun although I've had a mad craving for pumpkin beer since then.

The pictures of the moon are nice. You must bring your camera when you come to Portland.

12/08/2009 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home