Sunday, November 22, 2009

John Krasinski

The day after the Crumb event I went back to the bookstore that I had been to the night before because John Krasinski from The Office was making an appearance. I figured since I was in town, why not? He was in town to promote a movie he directed, Brief Interviews With Hideous Men, which is based on a David Foster Wallace book of the same name. He read a few passages from the book, took questions from the audience, and then he signed postcards advertising the film.

There were tons of people there. And about 90% of them were women. I had no idea, but apparently JK is considered to be quite the hunk. It might've been a great place to pick up women if I had any semblance of game. But I don't.

Mr. Krasinski seems like a pretty good dude. He was funny, and it was apparent that this film was a labor of love for him. In the signing line, he was enthusiastic and shook hands & engaged in small talk with everyone in line. And it was a big line. I guess his appearance worked, because now I want to see the movie.





















Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Very cool. I never thought of him as a hunk before. I think women confuse the character Jim which the person he is in real life. However, now that I know he was creatively involved in a film, besides acting, I think that's pretty attractive.

11/26/2009 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home