Tuesday, November 10, 2009

State Fair Animals - Miscellaneous

OK, I'm finally wrapping up my State Fair animal series. It really was one of my favorite things about the Fair - a city slicker like me getting to see some animals up close. Some unusual, some not-so-unusual.




Check out the baby kangaroo's arm sticking out!



I was glad that it was sunny on my second trip. On my first trip it was on the cool side, and the mama kangaroo was huddled under a heat lamp. Obviously teh kangaroo likes teh heat.










I like the way the neck feathers look.






I'm obsessed with bison. I think it's because they're like a link to the past - they are essentially the same as they have been for thousands of years. And I'm also fascinated by the fact that they used to roam freely around here. It blows my mind that someone who lived around here 200 years ago could just see bison roaming around. What can I say, I'm weird.

I felt the bison's coat - it was so thick. I can see how it makes for great insulation in winter weather.


Highland cattle



Alpaca








Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I like the giraffe the best. They always look like they are smiling wryly.

11/11/2009 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home