Monday, November 09, 2009

State Fair Animals - Dogs

One of the things I always like to see at the Fair is the dog shows. This year they had a stunt show as well as a show where dogs and their owners did dance/stunt routines together.






This red heeler caught most of those frisbees.













After the show you could get up close to some of the dogs. They really seemed to love the attention.


This was the dog that was balanced on the lady's feet in the 4th photo. From what she said he is a mix of a bunch of different breeds. It's hard to see, but in the background she had a piece of paper showing that his mom is a Tasmanian Devil & his dad is a weasel.
I had to use a flash, and I corrected the red eye on the computer. I think it looks kind of weird. Maybe I'm just used to seeing dogs with the reflections in their eyes?



This poodle was really sweet. Her coat was so thick and soft. She's a rescue dog and her and her owner are just starting out in the program to learn how to develop a "dance" routine.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Umā said...

I've never seen a dog show, and used to think canine freestyle was a little weird. Then I saw a sweet video of a woman dancing with a border collie (I'll post it on the blog this week) and thought, hmmmm, that's actually kind of fun looking. I joked with my friend that I was going to train Yeti to dance around this week.

I love that the dogs in this show are mixed breeds and rescue dogs too.

11/10/2009 10:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

One of my best friends here in Portland is a dog agility trainer. She has Australian Shepherds and they are amazing to watch.

highwateragility

11/10/2009 8:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I never seem to get my HTML tags right on the first try. My friend's site is this:highwateragility

11/10/2009 8:14 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Canine freestyle - that's what they called it! At first I thought it was kinda weird, but I loved how much both the dogs & the owners seemed to enjoy performing. They had such great bonds.

I checked out your friend's site. Beautiful dogs!

11/11/2009 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home